The Kobyliński family, originating from the Polish Arian nobility, bought Wiatrowiec in 1820, and his granges Pieny and Tałowo in 1823. According to data from 1889, this whole key covered an area of 757 ha. He still belonged to the Kobyliński family, who were already Germanized at that time.
In 1869 Wiatrowiec became a railway station on the Królewiec-Prostki line, and in 1907 also the Wiatrowiec-Sępopol line. In 1935, two teachers were employed at the local school, and 70 students attended. According to the census of May 17, 1939, Wiatrowiec had 543 inhabitants. He was officially called Wöterkeim. The manor house in Wiatrowiec is a valuable architectural monument. It dates from the eighteenth century, but in the nineteenth century it was thoroughly rebuilt. It is a rectangular, two-storey, two-bay building with a central projection topped with a triangular tympanum from the front and from the garden facade. On the porch from the driveway side there are two stone carvings from the 18th century. Inside, in the ground floor room above the damaged and walled fireplace there is a bas-relief of a woman dressed in the 18th century dress from the architectural arch. Two stucco carvings have been preserved. with ceilings in two rooms on the ground floor. An adjacent brick outbuilding, not plastered, on a rectangular plan, one-storey, dates from the first half of the 19th century and belongs to architectural monuments of a lower rank. The manor house behaved relatively well, while the Classicist sculptures from the beginning of the 19th century were broken up. In this park there are stone tombstones of Piotr Kobyliński, who died in 1834 and his wife, Emilia von Tettau Kobylińska, who died in 1864. Immediately after World War II, Jan Katnowicz, a veteran of the Spanish Civil War, Dabrowski settled and worked here on a state-owned farm. He lived in Wiatrowiec for many years. In 1949, Wiatrowiec again received a rail connection with Sępopol, and Bartoszyce and Korsze had it since 1945. In the sixties, the headmaster Wiktor Nowicki made a great contribution to the local school. Among other things, thanks to his efforts, a new building was erected for her in the sixties. In 1983 Wiatrowiec was a compact village, consisting of 33 residential buildings. It had 213 inhabitants at that time. In 1978, 48 individual farms belonged to the village, covering a total of 117 ha. In the village there were: a post office, an eight-room primary school, implementing an eight-class program, a kindergarten for 12 children, a kindergarten for 39 children, a club, a library, a library branch and a library, a socialized convenience store.
The village was founded by Poles in the 14th century, giving it a name that never became Germanized (before 1945 Talowo). From 1359, the municipal commune of Bartoszyce owned forests in Tałów with an area of nearly 200 fibers (haul = 17 ha). The impoverished city sold a significant portion during the Napoleonic Wars. The rest were nationalized after 1945. In Tałów there was a farm belonging to the estate of Wiatrowiec, and with it (in 1823-1945) to the Germanising, once Polish Kobyliński family. In 1945-1946, Tałow was called the Wiatrowiec railway station. In 1983, Tałowo was a dispersed settlement consisting of 13 residential buildings. It had 203 inhabitants at that time. In 1978, 3 individual farms belonged to the settlement, covering a total of 3 ha. Currently, Tałowo is within the administrative boundaries of Warmian Winds
Source: "Bartoszyce. From the history of the city and the surrounding area", second edition amended, Wydawnictwo Olsztyn Publishing House 1987, pp. 342-343, 336